Skyfish is headquartered in Stevensville, Montana, a short 25-minute drive from nearby Missoula. At Skyfish you will join a team of talented individuals focused on developing best-in-class autonomous drones to measure, map, and model critical infrastructure. You'll be joining a dynamic technology start-up that is poised to change the paradigm of data collection and precision measurement. Missoula, nestled in the Rocky Mountains and located approximately halfway between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park, is home to the University of Montana which has thriving programs in the sciences, forestry, health, and the performing arts as well as a top-rated law school and many competitive sports programs. The greater Missoula area has been described as one of the best places to live in the US according to Best Places Magazine. Three rivers run through the Missoula area offering excellent fishing and boating. The surrounding mountain ranges contain hundreds of miles of single-track biking and wilderness hiking opportunities. The historic downtown houses many excellent restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and music venues and is just a short drive from the Snowbowl Ski area and Flathead Lake.
Skyfish is looking for an entry-level Junior IT Specialist to help with installing, configuring, servicing, repairing and maintaining information technology systems. A Junior IT Specialist will support the development of software through life cycle management or implementation practices.
Junior IT Specialist Responsibilities:
• Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems
• Manage network infrastructure, network firewalls and inline network security appliance to control and monitor access to the Skyfish network including VPN access.
• Implement security measures and ensure security and compliance standards are met.
• Maintain a comprehensive inventory of network infrastructure devices, external network connections and IP address subnets used on the Skyfish network.
• Maintain company website
Junior IT Specialist Qualifications:
• Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
• Proficient in database programming and software installation
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening
• Great customer service and interpersonal skills
• Performance driven and able to work independently delivering strong results
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers