Faith Based - Outreach Coordinator
Pacific Northwest Adult & Teen Challenge
Missoula Women's Campus
Do you have a longing to be involved in ministry and serve God's people?
Do you want to make an impact in the lives of women struggling with life controlling issues such as addiction?
Do you want to educate young students in high schools about making good choices before they are affected by drugs or alcohol?
We have a unique job opportunity for an enthusiastic, outgoing, God-centered individual at our Missoula, MT campus.
General Statement of Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Center Executive Director or designee in providing overall control, planning, organization, purchasing, direction and management of the Outreach program component.
Position requires specific responsibility for: 1) overall planning, development. implementation and administration of the Outreach program; 2) responsible for the purchasing, inventorying, maintenance, repair, storage and management of required equipment and supplies utilized in conjunction with the Outreach program; 3) assisting the Center Executive Director or designee in program planning and budget preparation for the program component; 4) preparing of statistical data reports as required; 5) state wide travel; 6) participating with other program coordinators in formulating and effecting management policy and procedure; and 7) supporting other program coordinators as needed.
Examples of Principle Duties:
1. Plans, assigns, reviews and coordinates the Outreach program.
2. Acts as primary liaison for outside inquiries and contacts with the public, including individuals, churches and related Christian organizations, schools, businesses, service clubs, civic groups, etc., requesting outreach ministry programs and presentations from the PNATC program.
3. Development and implementation of student teams for outreach programs and presentations outside and away from the facility. This will require state wide travel.
4. Assemble data and prepares regular and periodic reports pertaining to the work and overall effectiveness of the Outreach program.
5. Inventory, control, purchasing and storage of the following: 1) Sound equipment; 2) sound tapes and sound tape library; and, 4) other items and supplies that are required.
6. Prepare annual budget requests in accordance with program planning and available resources.
Recruiting Requirements - Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Must possess an understanding that Outreach - committed to impacting the community, is a Core Value of PNATC and involves an endless range of possibilities and opportunities for ministry. This position is key to a Center's ability to express the many ways Christ can make a difference in a community's life.
1. Considerable knowledge of the methods and practices of supervision and the ability to carry them out is required.
2. Considerable knowledge of administrative procedures and the ability to apply those principles.
3. Working knowledge of sound equipment, projector, and related production equipment and the ability to apply that knowledge.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
5. Possess leadership skills and ability to build a dynamic outreach ministry and supporting student teams.
6. Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
7. Considerable ability to work harmoniously with and to supervise the work of program students.
8. Emotional maturity, professional objectivity and the ability to act in a Christian manner.
9. Ability to carry out recommendations and directives of the Center Executive Director or designee.
10. Intermediate experience with computers, software programs and social media.
Experience and Training:
1. It is recommended that individuals who fill this position have a background in evangelistic endeavors.
3. One year of ministry experience either as an employee or volunteer.
4. Individuals who have graduated from a Teen Challenge Center and desire to work in this position must have at minimum acquired a High School Diploma or GED, and completed training in the Emerging Leaders program.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers