Position Title: Executive Sous Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality food is produced.
Executive Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
2. Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
3. Able to take accurate inventories, manage order guides from multiple vendors
4. Able to learn and manage scheduling through a time clock management system, producing weekly schedule and covering time off requests through schedule management
5. Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
6. Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipes while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
7. Ensure that food stock levels within the kitchen areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the operational needs.
8. Ensure that cooks/chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
9. Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
10. Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
11. Ensure that the kitchen staff adheres to all company policies and procedures.
12. Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
13. Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for all stations and menu items
14. To work in close conjunction with the Executive Chef and FOH manager& team members to create the best possible dining experience.
15. Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends.
16. To stay current with food trends and changes relevant to the brewery and scratch made kitchen.
17. To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all cooks/chefs/dishwashers.
18. To project a positive and motivated attitude amongst all staff.
19. To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well.
20. To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
21. To Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
22. Ensure that weekly work schedules are produced and supervised
23. Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
24. To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
25. Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
26. To act as manager on duty for the kitchen as scheduled.
27. To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work together to produce the highest quality results.
28. Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
• Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
• Strong administration skills.
• Creative and innovative.
• Strong knowledge of food and culinary knowledge.
• Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
• Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
• Initiative and Self-motivated.
• Ideal training and coaching skills.
Culinary diploma from a recognized institution or higher or comparable experience in kitchens or culinary environments
At least 3 years' experience with 1 year in direct kitchen management position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers